The Dorm Supervisor works in the student affairs department of Indiana Bible College. Dorm Supervisors at Indiana Bible College are live-in positions and expected to serve as a non-educational professional at our college. They play an integral role in helping students remain healthy and safe while living on campus. Dorm supervisors should also maintain a culture that is welcoming, orderly, and problem-free in dormitories.
Campus Pastor, Dean of Students, and Executive Vice President
Duties and Responsibilities
Dorm Supervisors are responsible for:
- Supporting department and college mission and vision.
- Cultivating an Apostolic living environment for students.
- Managing student placement and housing.
- Supervising Resident Assistants.
- Enforcing college policies and regulations.
- Maintaining orderly living conditions for students.
- Building a rapport with students.
- Ordering supplies and determining the need for maintenance, repairs, and furnishings.
- Providing a weekly report to supervisors.
- Working with students in developing communities conducive to high academic achievement.
- Following up with discipline issues in a timely manner.
- Developing and executing emergency protocols, ie. Fire drills, power outages, medical emergencies, etc. Educate residents about protocols.
- Communicating with Campus Maintenance on needs and preventative maintenance projects.
- High level of maturity
- Possess a personality that inspires trust and respect
- Strong personal integrity
- Comprehensive knowledge of interpersonal relations and conflict management
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- First aid and CPR certified (provided after hire if not already certified)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to perform additional responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- Should be committed to continually growing skills.